Thursday, September 10, 2009

Research no.2: Pocket Wizards

I've been researching ways to create artificial lighting in my sets, and have decided to utilize speedlites as they wont require cords and can be used outside, easily transportable, and I already own them. Nice + !
But here lies my dilemma, I HATE SYNC CORDS. They always stop working on me, I will have tested them prior to a shoot and they work fine,  I get on location, with a model staring at me, and they just wont fire. In any case, one can not use syncs with Canon flashes, they don't have a sync plug! You have to use one on camera, and have the rest fire as slaves, that direct flash is not really what I'm going for.. Alas, POCKET WIZARDS TO THE RESCUE! Pocket Wizard recently came out with something realllllly sweet.


The Flex TT5 paired with a mini TT1 allows you to remotely fire a speedlite to well over 50 feet, around corners, cars, through walls.  Well I just ordered these. And I am EXCITED.

No comments:

Post a Comment