Thursday, March 25, 2010

Research no. 6: What is it? 03/11/10

I have been trying to nail down an artist statement and I need to figure out what the string is representing, what is it? I keep saying I want it to have a narrative feel, as if it could change itself, evolve, even within one image. I also agree that the first doll house image I made it seems to have a character of its own. I have begun to realize the string is a stand-in. For a person. Any person. Maybe they are me, self portraits, I'm not sure yet, but the string represents life, human life, memories and ideas. It is a receptacle, a container, a place holder. With the evolution of the images being within homes, and ideas of place versus space moving into the images I begin to see the string as little notations of existence. A book mark in time? This is an evolving thought, but I feel as if it represents something almost stagnant, in a moving environment. This thing will not change perhaps? Whilst everything else moves around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment