Friday, April 16, 2010

Research no.9 : Presentation 04/08/10

I have been trying to figure out how to present my thesis, and I really see them as individuals. One, they evolve constantly, and I see this semester as an exploration of different ideas and techniques rather than a concrete cohesive body. So I think each piece should be seen on it's own, to be explored intimately. I am working out the logistics, and how they would be lit, but I'd like to build "tunnels" but they would be rectangular prisms, and you would put your face up to them to see the images at the end, emphasizing the space, depth, etc. 

I initially thought they would be printed large and plain, but now I think they should be small and private almost, rendering an almost voyeuristic watcher.

Perhaps they are 3x4 at the end of foot long tunnels. I don't know how I would light them then however. maybe three sides affix to the wall and the top edge of the structure is left open to allow light to illuminate the image. Maybe they are printed on Duratrans and illuminated from behind? 

No comments:

Post a Comment